Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I drew a dog...'s head
I was real bored today so i took out trusty MS Paint and pixelated a dog. i have two versions of it:
[Image: dog.gif]
^Color Version

[Image: dogBW.gif]
^Black and White Version

I would like a structured crituiqe, so anybody who feels it necessary to say it looks like crap and not tell me why, don't bother posting.
the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
cool. it reminds me of the dog on the covers of a series of books calleed hank the cowdog. Smile what can i say, except good job.
Very nice =)

The mouth should go further towards the head. (ie: it souhld be longer, bigger)

Lower lip should go further out, just a bit.

I like the colored version the best =)
there. and now the eye is a bit more realistic on the colored one too. anybody else with a suggestion?
the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
i think its cool that you can sit down and make a picture of a dog.
I think it looks like crap...crap brown ;P j/k

I agree with Z!re, the mouth doesn't extend far enough back. The mouth should end about where the eyes begin, however, dogs can make that face (my shepard does when she's scratching her cheek), it's not a 'natual' pose.
Life is like a box of chocolates', hrm, WTF, no it isn't, more like, 'life is like a steaming pile of horse crap.'
How, exactly, does one go about drawing something? I sat down once and tried to copy a picture of a vase from a book by just kind of... tracing it without actually tracing it, if you know what I mean (which you probably don't because it's explained very badly). The collection of lines and squiggles looked kind of like random scratches on glass or something. So how, excactly, do people produce pictures?
In a race between a rock and a pig, don't varnish your clams." -- "Dilbert"
unfortunately my freind, art is more or less a gift. sure you can take a class on it, but you never be as good as some people who have never had a class in their life. when i produce a picture, i set up a little 'stuido', so to speak. it consist of a desklamp, my laptop, enlarged photos and normal photos, a whole mess of different pencils (prisma mostly), water colors, acryllics, and all that jazz. You just have to keep at it though. a picture may start out looking terrible, but you just have to keep going and soon it will look amazing.
Quote:[...]it will look amazing.
you mean... like like your dog? :bounce:
what he means to say is, never give up, and keep practicing. one day, you will be an excellent artist. :wink:
Quote:you mean... like like your dog?
what he means to say is, never give up, and keep practicing. one day, you will be an excellent artist.

Speedlemon:
and that is exactly what i said. just because you didn't understand what i meant doesn't mean that he didn't. like i said in my other post, please do not reply to any more of my posts, i find you more or less a neuciance and a burden than help of any kind. I'm sorry things didn't work out...