Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bye-bye Geekery...
I've decided to cancel the work on The Geekery. I was trying to iron out a bug in the links script and was pretty frustrated. It then hit me - this was no longer fun, it was work, and had been for a month. To work, not play, for four months and then get 5 hits a day, 1 post in the forum in 6 weeks, and an upload every century. Makes no sense.
Anyway, just wanted to announce that little tidbit. I know one person (he isn't in the QB community, but he's a QB freak, just like us) who's going to be mad at me. Smile
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
Well at least I tried, that's the important thing.
earn.
I can swear to you that venosoft is even more work for about the same results.

But if you want a future in what you're doing (programming, webmastering, webdesign, etc) then you gotta keep truckin. Having a sudden "What is going on? Why am I doing this? This isn't fun" feeling is a sign of depression. I should know - it's happened quite a few times to me.

I'm not telling you to keep working on the geekery, I'm just saying try harder, offer more, and you will get your audience.
am an asshole. Get used to it.
Quote:Well at least I tried, that's the important thing.
Sure. =|
Ninkazu: I'm still gonna program. :wink: And I still have pretty good php+mysql skills (which aren't easy to forget). It's just that it really isn't worth it.
make a tree-forum in mysql and php with those skillz. then you got skillz.
earn.
Want to know the absolute test of patience while programming? Make a phpBB skin. Seriously.

I'm not talking out of my ass: http://www.venosoft.com/board
Ouch.
am an asshole. Get used to it.
Yeah, make a skin and you can put it at QBNZ.

Though it's not so much PHP as templating...
Quote:make a tree-forum in mysql and php with those skillz. then you got skillz.
I made a board with mysql and php. Wasn't a tree, but I realize it wouldn't be too hard now.
make a tree. its harder than you think. and btw, do it from scratch like i did. dont go looking for ways to make a mysql tree. make one yourself and then you can say u got skillz
earn.
Ninkazu contacted me about making a phpBB skin. For some reason he thinks it's a QBNews challenge... so I'm wondering, is anyone else gonna compete against him to make a phpBB skin?

... or does anyone want a challenge to create a tree forum? Big Grin