Poll: How fast is your computer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Below 100MHz
100.00%
25 100.00%
100 to 300MHz
0%
0 0%
300 to 500MHz
0%
0 0%
500 to 700MHz
0%
0 0%
700 to 900MHz
0%
0 0%
900MHz to 1.1GHz
0%
0 0%
More than 1.1GHz
0%
0 0%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How fast is your computer?
DoC is having a few speed problems... it's going at a CRAWL on this Pentium 2 233. just a little survey to see if I need to improve speed.
size=9]"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -- Theodore Roosevelt[/size]
why is it crawling?
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
Quote:DoC is having a few speed problems... it's going at a CRAWL on this Pentium 2 233. just a little survey to see if I need to improve speed.

No QB program should require a 500+ MHz computer IMO. My comp is 1.6 ghz, but I regularly check my code on my dad's cel300 and my brother's 486. If the FPS is dipping below the vsync on those machines, it's time for a new round of optimization... [Image: biggrin.gif]
Quote:why is it crawling?

That's the thing: it shouldn't be. I think it is just WinXP being stupid on the HP233. sometimes it goes fast, sometimes slow... It's like SIX FRAMES PER MINUTE. on the newer ones, it's very nice Big Grin
size=9]"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -- Theodore Roosevelt[/size]
xp on 233hz? I wouldn't advise that!!!!!!!! EEP

Send me the program!
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

I'll send you the link via Private Message; you'll have to use the BAS source code to run it since I need to change the startup dir.
i see.

Perhaps you could have it read the dir off a file? :|

heh, I'll try to get it recompiled when I have access to the computer with the QB4.5 compiler.... :x I can't get on it now...

the other option for you is to just create the folders on the C:\ Drive :rotfl:

c:\docume~1\jojo\desktop\qb\rts
As DQB refused to work no matter WHAT I did, I had to make those folders. :rotfl:

Things:
0) It IS fast.
1) Still no implementation of real pathfinding! Sad
2) Left-clicking on a non-unit does not unselect the units!

heh, I haven't put pathfinding in yet. :o

If you leftclick and drag, you can select multiple units in a box. Right click somewhere to move selected units there. they will stay in "formation"

btw: How fast is your computer, and what OS are you using?

EDIT

HP233 = Hewitt-Packard 233 Megahertz