Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FireFox = good browser because why?
i was politely browsing along my favorite sites when i said, "hey, lets go check me some email." upon arriving at my yahoo mail account, i realized my password wasn't saved. i clicked "remember password", but all firefox heard was "don't do anything... just say that you remember my password". i realized that it wasn't working for alot of sites that it does on my older computer. so i did a re-install, no such luck. so i head on down to some firefox tech support, oooooh.

"Dear Firefox, why aren't you saving my passwords?"
"because, we never got around to finishing that code. so we just put what we had in there to make it 'look' like we finished it."
"Oh... then how do i save passwords?"
"You download this thirdparty password saver, trust us, it's guarenteed!"

*downloads*
*tests it out with old email acc. and pass.*
*DIES FROM UNEXPLICABLE AMOUNT OF SPYWARE HURLED AT HIM*

"Gee firefox, that wasn't very nice of you."
"well, when we said thirdparty, we assumed you knew it was gonna be jam packed with viruses."
"well, what do i do know?"
"beats the hell out of me. I'm 21 and still live with my mom, speaking of, i have to go massage her feet. brb ^^"

and this children, is why you should never listen to overweight linux zealots when it comes to tech support. but don't worry, this story has a 'happy' ending. I pulled up internet explorer with SP2, and everything is fine again Smile the end.
the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
Umm...a couple of things. First off I've never had a problem with Firefox not saving my passwords. I've only had one problem with Firefox, ever. Maybe you did something wrong? Click Edit -> Preferences to make sure you've got it all configured properly. From all of my experience Firefox is many times better than Internet Explorer. If not for the tab browsing, the convenience, or the popup blocker, at least use it for the security. Or use something other than IE, like Opera. Being a person that follows security exploits I am consistently amazed at what a huge percentage of them are directly focused at IE.
I tried Firefox a few times, started up/ran much slower than IE for me. I'm sure it has plenty of great features (so I hear from my brother at least; the tab browsing seems like a good idea), but for now I'm sticking with IE for convenience and the fact that I'm just used to it and it does what I need. :wink:
Quote:"Gee firefox, that wasn't very nice of you."
"well, when we said thirdparty, we assumed you knew it was gonna be jam packed with viruses."
"well, what do i do know?"
"beats the hell out of me. I'm 21 and still live with my mom, speaking of, i have to go massage her feet. brb ^^"
:rotfl:
It's much more convenient not to bother installing virus scanning or firewall software yet people do it all the same... Tongue
(Can you tell I use Mozilla?)
8% of the teenage population smokes or has smoked pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy and paste this in your signature.
Mech1031 have you ever tried using Mosaic?
I've never had and problems with firefox. It loads up slower for me becuase put extentions in it. Big ones. It's saved my password...
[Image: sig.php]
Back by popular demand!
I will byte and nibble you bit by bit until nothing remains but crumbs.
Firefox for me loads up quicker than IE, and I don't have the "stay resident" option enabled. Actually, I don't even think Firefox has that option, I think only Mozilla does. Anyways, everyone's experience with IE and Firefox is different. However, this is what I think of Mech's "Firefox tech support story":
[Image: bs.jpg]
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Quote:Firefox for me loads up quicker than IE, and I don't have the "stay resident" option enabled. Actually, I don't even think Firefox has that option, I think only Mozilla does. Anyways, everyone's experience with IE and Firefox is different. However, this is what I think of Mech's "Firefox tech support story":
[Image: bs.jpg]

no, thats just cause i haven't showered in a few weeks...among other things.

it's true though, everyones firefox and IE experience is different. moreso for firefox. i have talked to quite a few people using it, and each have minor to no problems. problem is, the problems are never the same. it's befuddling.
and it is true, firefox tech is worse than standing in line at the DMV, they just send you in circles until you get tired and walk away.

*hugs IE* i loves you forever and for always!
the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
Perhaps it's because the people who make Firefox cannto concieve of people actually having problems with their browser. I mean honestly...when you've written the most stable, resource-friendly browser available and people are having problems with it, you can only wonder just what the hell is wrong with these user's computers. Big Grin
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
d/l third-party software to handle your passwords? That's just Naïve!
Firefox handles my passwords perfectly -- remembers the ones I want, doesn't keep the ones I don't want.

Windows uses IE for EVERYTHING, explorer, my computer, etc. so it starts up at the beginning (ever wonder why your computer takes longer than two seconds to start up? It's starting up IE.)

Firefox with pipelining loads pages faster than IE, it's more secure than IE (if you're smart about it D: ), has tabbed browsing, plugins that are useful, nice skins, is very customizable (you can even edit the program's look using CSS)

lots of reasons to use it, just drop by any firefox site and you can read all about it, and experience it for yourself after you learn how to use it correctly
ammit potato!