Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIDO screenshots (WARNING: large, numerous images)
I wasn't going to show screenshots to the general public of this just yet, but a few people insisted that I do...so here ya go. Big Grin

Main view with the GUI template loaded:
[Image: fido-mainview.png]

New Project dialog:
[Image: fido-newprojectdialog.png]

New Module dialog:
[Image: fido-newmoduledialog.png]

IDE Settings dialog (UNFINISHED):
[Image: fido-idesettings-WORK-IN-PROGRESS.png]

Tip-Of-The-Day dialog:
[Image: fido-tipoftheday.png]

Project Properties dialog (partially unfinished):
[Image: fido-projectproperties.png]

About dialog:
[Image: fido-aboutdialog.png]

Various dialogs:
[Image: fido-finddialog.png]
[Image: fido-findandreplacedialog.png]
[Image: fido-gotoline.png]

FIDO is not the same as the GUI Compiler; they are different products. I started work on FIDO awhile ago but haven't been able to do much work on it recently because of the server problems and IRL work. But over the last couple of days, I've snuck in some work here and there. I just finalized the project format, and the thing's almost ready to load/save projects (right now it can only either load blank sources or templates but cannot yet save anything). The internal structures are quite complex so everything has to be very carefully planned...this isn't a slap-together VB project, folks. Big Grin I may have a working version available by the end of January but as life itself is full of chaos and unexpected outcomes, nothing's certain right now. In any event, comments would be much appreciated. Big Grin

For the record...no, this is not cross-platform and isn't intended to be either. I may add Linux options to it and see if it will run in Wine later though.
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
From what i've seen, i like it. I'd like to try it.

Here's list of things i think a good ide needs to have. Create directories in your project. As many as i like and with any names i like. Most IDEs don't let you have create two dirs with the same name even though they're under different dirs. Like

src/cfmt/cpp/b8
src/cfmt/asm/b8

is a nono cuz they're both called b8. That sucks real bad. Having it do auto completion is very nice. Tagging all the files in the project and keeping track of all the symbols and all the declarations of routines etc. Have the ability to add custom build step to an entire dir and individual files. Meaning that i could for instance integrate asm files in my project and set it so that the IDE uses some user defined command for building that file. I think you get the IDEa..... Smile
oship me and i will give you lots of guurrls and beeea
Looks nice,

seems there is no point for me to continue with mine anymore...
url]http://fbide.sourceforge.net/[/url]
nonsense von godric! Each person has their own taste in terms of ide... some people may like yours better than adosorken's and vice versa.
Jumping Jahoolipers!
Nah Von, keep doing yours dude Smile and besides, this thing's still far from being finished. The FB community needs a good cross-platform IDE and you're the only one who's got the guts to take that on. Smile
Quote:Here's list of things i think a good ide needs to have. Create directories in your project. As many as i like and with any names i like. Most IDEs don't let you have create two dirs with the same name even though they're under different dirs. Like

src/cfmt/cpp/b8
src/cfmt/asm/b8

is a nono cuz they're both called b8. That sucks real bad.
I think I'm understanding what you mean here but I'm not sure. Big Grin FIDO uses common dialogs, so I don't see any problems with making directories. Big Grin Or I could be completely off the track here. Big Grin

EDIT: Unless you're talking about directories in the project source tree? That's not really hard to do either... if you mean like: Project Root -> Source Files -> Custom Folder -> Another Custom Folder -> Yet Another Custom Folder -> source files ...yeah, totally doable. Big Grin And easy too...treeview controls make such a thing a freakin' breeze...
Quote:Having it do auto completion is very nice.
If you mean auto-completion for Types and Enums...I'm working on it. Big Grin However, right now, FIDO does handle string literal completion and ? conversion. Active syntax checking will take awhile though.
Quote:Tagging all the files in the project and keeping track of all the symbols and all the declarations of routines etc.
Work-in-progress. Declarations are handled automatically (you never have to declare your subs and functions). Basically, I'm trying to replicate much of QB's own functionality. Not so sure about a debugger, but FIDO interprets FBC's error messages and will highlight the line causing the error.
Quote:Have the ability to add custom build step to an entire dir and individual files. Meaning that i could for instance integrate asm files in my project and set it so that the IDE uses some user defined command for building that file.
Gotcha. I'll put this into the todo list. Big Grin

Right now, the compile process is split into two main parts: resource compilation and application compilation. GoRC is spawned for the resource script, and then fbc is spawned for the application itself. It wouldn't be too hard to add in extra steps. Big Grin
I meant the project source tree.

I was never much for the QB IDE and never such a fan of it's features which are more like bugs to me. Cuz they bug me so much. With auto completion i mean that if i'm writing mys and press ctrl+space it either gives me a list of possible things i might mean or completes the word if there's only one match. It would also display the comment above a sub or function when i'm chosing between different matches, and of course it's parameters.
oship me and i will give you lots of guurrls and beeea
Looks good. Much better than Devc++. :*)
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
Definitely better than DevC++ =). I wanna definitely try out once its released. Nek, are you planning to put a QB -> FB converter?
And please use courier new instead of courier, please Big Grin
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i