Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Impossible Challenge: Are you up to it?
Ok this challenge is for the !Mit's World's Greatest Qber Title! :king:

In order to be called Mit's greatest Qber you must complete this challenge: Make a true AI in pure QB.... :o !!!

Well I look forward to the future possible Submissions/AI morality debates/Crazy accusations against me. Big Grin So good luck!
i]"But...it was so beautifully done"[/i]
Hasn't it been deemed a near impossiblity yet? >_>
[Image: sig.php]
Back by popular demand!
I will byte and nibble you bit by bit until nothing remains but crumbs.
Dude look at the topic...

Yep it has before and by me....so?....Confusedhifty: ...Let people try...

I would like to see what people come up with. And no its not impossible. The only program that's impossible is the one that isn't done in real life. Big Grin

:o Oppss!!! I ment to post this in the Challenge topic.... :oops: sorry.
i]"But...it was so beautifully done"[/i]
No I mean..... by computers.... true AI..... you'd have to program a brain.....
[Image: sig.php]
Back by popular demand!
I will byte and nibble you bit by bit until nothing remains but crumbs.
Smile 100% AI would be impossible, only because it take so many factors and GIGs of processing... something close might could be done, but it take a team bigger than the one doing Gran Turismo series... :wink: Thats a big team I've read.. Big Grin There cridits are 4mins long, yes, >> :o << :rotfl:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
Quote:Smile 100% AI would be impossible, only because it take so many factors and GIGs of processing... something close might could be done, but it take a team bigger than the one doing Gran Turismo series... :wink: Thats a big team I've read.. Big Grin There cridits are 4mins long, yes, >> :o << :rotfl:
and definately not qb -FB perhaps?

EDIT: btw -few years ago most advanced ai was created by Tallinn's technical university in Estonia. Dunno if anyone interested I'll try to find some links. But in the team there were a lot of people. a LOT.
url]http://fbide.sourceforge.net/[/url]
Big Grin Aye, sounds cool, yeah look for some links.. I'm interested.. :bounce: , I'll take a look around too.. :roll:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
Define intelligence. Most artificial intelligence models and algorithms are designed for a specific purpose. What would the AI created in the competition have to do? Solve a shortest-route problem? Solve an equation with 15 variables?

"True AI" is meaningless, by the way.

Also, I think using FB would be a lot better for dynamic systems because we'd have pointers available....

-shiftLynx
img]http://www.cdsoft.co.uk/misc/shiftlynx.png[/img]
Here's my entry:
Code:
INPUT "What is your name"; name$
IF LCASE$(name$) <> "mith" THEN
  PRINT "I don't know who you are! Sorry!"
ELSE
  PRINT "Oh! You're the guy who made up that silly AI challenge!"
END IF
I win. Big Grin

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity" - Unknown author
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Well, I have written a large portion of a SCHEME interpreter to QB, but creating linked lists was too difficult for me at the time, perhaps it's time to return to this project......
his sig left intentionally blank