i/sqrt(1) = sqrt(1)/i
sqrt(i) = sqrt(1) * sqrt(1)/sqrt(i)
sqrt(i) = 1 / sqrt(i)
-1 = 1

0 = infinity
0+1-1=0+2=2+2=4
10 = 64
1 = 2
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
I don't see how any of those are correct.
am an asshole. Get used to it.
a / b != b / a
b != a^2/b
b != a/b

and of course
-1 != 1

Or am i missunderstanding ?
oship me and i will give you lots of guurrls and beeea
since when does the square root of i = -1?
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
Girls = Time * Money
Time = Money
Girls = money ^ 2

And since money is the root of evil:

Girls = evil :evil:

Doesn't take calculus to tell you that... 8)
toonski: the i thing is to do with complex numbers. (prepares....)

Quadratic equations have roots. But some, like x² + x + 1 = 0 have no roots. An attempted solution using the quadratic formula fails because we cannot evaluate the square root of negative numbers. But if we could add in the root x² + 1 = 0, then all quadratics would have real roots. Thus we use the letter i to stand for the square root of -1 as an imaginary number to solve these equations.

I don't like the logic behind the second line in your proof Agamemnus. If you substitute sqrt(1) with 1:

-1 / 1 = 1 / -1
i = 1 / i ???? problem

How does i = 1 / i? The only number with the property q/p = p/q is 1.

0 Never will equal infinity because infinity * -1 = -infinity but 0 * -1 = 0. Infinity has the property of being positive, and can be changed to negative but 0 is neither positive nor negative

Blitz: is that factorials you are using here: b ! ? Because -1 ! is unevaluatable.

EDIT: RST, that is cool!! 8)
?
!= means not equal to
oship me and i will give you lots of guurrls and beeea
Eh? You're intergrating maths with programming syntax. But I agree. Lets all not go disproving the axioms of maths.
Math is fun, neh? Big Grin
size=9]"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -- Theodore Roosevelt[/size]
no, -1 / 1 = 1 / -1

And i = 1 / i
So i^2 = 1, and therefore -1 = 1
Therefore 0 = -1+1
And then 0=1+1, so 0=2, 0=4, 0=16... 0=infinity...

someone tell me where I'm going wrong. (actually someone else showed it to me but I cannot disprove it)
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.