Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[RESOLVED]Full screen problems
Okay, so I have some code to create a tiny 32x32 head. It works in QB (aside from the FB screen and the colour format used) and FB (windowed). The problem is it shifts to the left when in full screen. I'm assuming the reason is because "GDI...Supports windowed mode only". Is there any way to correct this other than using OpenGL or DirectX? Code below:

Code:
cls
screen 17,32,,1

for y = 0 TO 11
    for x = 0 to 14
        read n        'reads the colours
        pset (x,y),n
    next x
next y
sleep
end

'data statements for a 15x12 image are here; using &hRRGGBB format

If anybody can help, thanks!
974277320612072617420666C61696C21 (Hexadecimal for those who don't know)
"shifts to the left"? What do you mean?

Gfxlib uses its own internal GDI driver only if the DirectX one cannot be initialized (i.e. if DirectX is not installed), or if you explicitely set the environmental variable FBGFX to "gdi".
Anyway, GDI doesn't support fullscreen: I didn't bother implementing it as GDI is just meant to be a fallback for when DX cannot be used. It is slower than DX, and should not be used unless necessary...
ngelo Mottola - EC++
For example, my graphic is at (0,0) on the screen in windowed mode. However, the screen extends past the edge of the viewport in full screen. Here are 2 screens (put together):

[Image: fsproblemscreen3od.gif]

I suppose it could be my monitor too. Tongue
I would be willing to bet it's your monitor. Smile Try adjusting the horizontal position and size controls.
I think it is my monitor. I had adjusted the size, and it worked the first time. When I re-ran my program, it happened again. Adjusting the position fixed it.

Thanks to everyone who wanted to and/or did help!
Thank you, DrV!
Quote:Thank you, DrV!
Any time! :)
Quote:
rpgfan3233 Wrote:Thank you, DrV!
Any time! Smile

lol. I could read those small letters just like normal text... without zooming in Big Grin (I know... i am weird) Why did you post it small? Smile
Quote:lol. I could read those small letters just like normal text... without zooming in Big Grin (I know... i am weird) Why did you post it small? Smile

How in the world could you possibly. . . Magnifying glass? Slightly malfunctioning microscope? Smile

I posted mine that small to see how closely people pay attention.
Quote:
DrV Wrote:
rpgfan3233 Wrote:Thank you, DrV!
Any time! Smile

lol. I could read those small letters just like normal text... without zooming in Big Grin (I know... i am weird) Why did you post it small? Smile

But they are only small dots? :???:

You must have very good eyes.....
It's the difference between asking someone how much flour goes into pancakes, and handing them a sorry mix of oozing green goo and asking them to fix it." - Deleter

-Founder & President of the No More Religion Threads movement-
Or a very high-resolution monitor and a farked-up browser. Smile That text is 1 pixel tall on the default configurations of IE and Firefox - there's no way you could read that. Big Grin