Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Absolute vs Interrupt ?
I'm far from understanding everything about these interrupt and ASM issues, but it seems that, for an equivalent result, progs using absolute are faster and cleaner than progs using interrupts.

Can someone briefly explain us the difference, the pros and cons, based on a simple and rich subject: mouse management for example...
hink Global, Make Symp' All ! ®
[Image: Banner.gif]
hmm well as far as speed wise mouse routines would be difficult to notice a speed difference, but using INTERRUPT for mouse stuff would be a helluva lot easier then using ABSOLUTE, using absolute you must write your program in asm first then have it assembled to machine code using something like debug.exe then put the machine code into ugly hex strings, and poke them to memory and then you can finally use absolute to run it, this also makes absolute more flexible then interrupt since it can do more stuff, personally i think there both useless as you just might as well learn asm and make a qb library with whatever you need, this would be easier, faster, save ide memory, less ugly.... ect. plus asm is just cool Tongue
interrupt is really only good for simple stuff like mouse routines at least imo, i've never used it for really anything else, and i've never used absolute period... so ya i'll just shutup now.
very F***ing song remains the same
To everyone who sucks-up for the fame
Out of strength you know we speak the truth
Every trend that dies is living proof

MasterMinds Software
By the way , I don't understand why this program doesn't run :

move ah,1
int 33h
retf

using debug.exe to translate ASM in hex and calling Absolute , shouldn't this program show the mouse ???

Because , it doesn't do it !!
have the simplest tastes of the World : I satisfy myself with the best !

http://ToufQb.free.fr
MOV AX, 1

(0 goes in AH, 1 goes in AL.)
ravelling Curmudgeon
(geocities sites require copying and pasting URLs.)
I liked spam better when it was something that came in a can.
Windows should be defenestrated.
J'en reviens pas, Touf, mon intuition était la bonne ! (cf Progboards).

K'es ke j'suis bon, des fois...
hink Global, Make Symp' All ! ®
[Image: Banner.gif]
ravelling Curmudgeon
You can speak german, Glenn??
B 4 EVER
Other than "Vie viel kostet das?"

Das was alles.

(And I think I screwed that up, and there would've been an "about" in there but I don't know the Duetsch word for it.)
ravelling Curmudgeon
Quote:Other than "Vie viel kostet das?"
Right Version:
Code:
Wieviel kostet das?
Quote:Das was alles.
That sentence was right
Quote:(And I think I screwed that up, and there would've been an "about" in there but I don't know the Duetsch word for it.)
Which sentence do you mean???
B 4 EVER
Other than my obvious misuse of the "V" instead of "W" (I actually did know better than that, now that you dropped the anvil on my head), I thought I got the first one right. (But if it was two words, the "viel" should have been "wiel.")
ravelling Curmudgeon