Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DarkBASIC Pro
Hey!

Does anyone here have any experience using DarkBASIC Pro? I'm planning to start a project and I found DBP, but I haven't found any reviews on it. Comments please.
rovean... 'Nuff Said
Sure.
Quote:Sure.

Sure what? Confusedhifty: Is it easy to use, or should I maybe work with another compiler? The plan is to create a FPS, nothing fancy really (no Source Engine-like-super-duper-thing) :pirate:
rovean... 'Nuff Said
By the word "Pro" I assume it costs money. Therfore I have no experience with it.

Maybe for an FPS you should use somthing more like C or C++.
-yah
Quote:By the word "Pro" I assume it costs money. Therfore I have no experience with it.

Maybe for an FPS you should use somthing more like C or C++.

Yeah, it costs money... :pirate:
The thing is I love the BASIC language, so using C or CPP is not an option for me... Not much to do about that when I'm in love :love:

I've heard something about a compiler called FPSCreator, but I can't find any reviews on that one either... :crying: ...and FPSCreator sounds so... hmm, "one-way-direction", I wanna make other games too, not just FPS (in the future)...
rovean... 'Nuff Said
Have you looked into using FreeBASIC? It should be able to handle a FPS.
-yah
FPS? What's that?
In the beginning, there is darkness – the emptiness of a matrix waiting for the light. Then a single photon flares into existence. Then another. Soon, thousands more. Optronic pathways connect, subroutines emerge from the chaos, and a holographic consciousness is born." -The Doctor
First Person Shooter. Gaming slang for you walk around from first person perspective and shoot things.
-yah
my brother gave me Dark Basic. not pro. anyway, it sucks.
quote="whitetiger0990"]whitetiger is.. WHITE POWER!!! [/quote]
Here
Ever hear of...

FreeBasic? :winkwink:
In the beginning, there is darkness – the emptiness of a matrix waiting for the light. Then a single photon flares into existence. Then another. Soon, thousands more. Optronic pathways connect, subroutines emerge from the chaos, and a holographic consciousness is born." -The Doctor