Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WARNING! Screenshots enclosed! :)
Admins: if this is being posted in the wrong forum, thank you ahead of time for moving it to the appropriate forum. Smile

Anyways...here's a few screenies of the current work on the new build of WOS. Hope you like Smile

[Image: wos1.png]
[Image: wos2.png]
Title screens.

[Image: wos3.png]
Startup menu. It's a little simplistic right now but sure beats the crap it had before. Smile

[Image: wos4.png]
Jareth wandering around Trinidad City. You can't see any of the broken tiles here.

[Image: wos5.png]
Jareth inside Majider's mansion. Lots of broken tiles here because I've yet to totally fix up the tilesets. WOS went from using 20x20 tiles to using 16x16 tiles, so there's quite a bit of breakage all over the game. So far, only one tilesheet has been partially converted (and you're looking at it).

So anyways, that's a quick peek at the new build. I'll have some images of the new build of the combat system up within a couple of days. Peace Smile
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
* PANT *

This is absolutely amazing... Far above the old version I have...
Go for it!
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
It looks great. Esspecialy the Trinidad(?) City. Use a background for menu screen.

Nice to see something developing.
I love that kind of lowres plasmascreen look at the wratho of sona
title screen... How do you do it?

The tiles look good but a little monotounus, it needs more variety...
Have you drawn the human sprites yourself? Because they rocks!
/post]
Well, I'm restraining my inner artist's endless critiques of the graphics, but it looks pretty solid. Good luck with it Smile
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
adosorken: Those are amazing looking screenshots, its looking great. Its in the right forum, unless its qb(I'm not sure as I'm sure you were going to do a windows version?) then it can go into the projects section. But nice work man.
no, i don't think it's qb, as nek told me earlier that wos for qb isn't going to happen.
Jumping Jahoolipers!
It is QB. Read VPlanet.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Quote:I love that kind of lowres plasmascreen look at the wratho of sona
title screen... How do you do it?

The tiles look good but a little monotounus, it needs more variety...
Have you drawn the human sprites yourself? Because they rocks!
The title screen was created for the game by *someone* a long time ago...I only wish I could remember who did it. Sad I don't think they are part of the Qmunity anymore though. And yeah, it is a little monotonous right now, but that's because I've not edited any of the original maps...these are straight from 0.50, and I've yet to write a map editor. And while the tile/sprite graphics you see are in the public domain, the screenshots I'll take in a few days from the combat system are all originals done by me. I try to do as much original work as possible but some things I just can't draw. Sad
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Smile Nice work. Maybe it will be the first QBRPG that I finish Wink

Though that depends mostly on the battle system... I look forward to those screenshots Smile