Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Challenges forum doesn't work.
Cannot Find Server on it. Anyone else have that problem?

(And yes, Oracle, I'm an IE Noob :wink: :wink: )
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
nope its fine for me now.

and I got FireFox! Im not an IE noob anymore, oracle!! It r0x0rs!

Although it scrolls to slowly.. or maybe im just too used to the retarded super-uber-ultra fast scrolling of the new microsoft programs....
works fine for me.
url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
Quote:and I got FireFox! Im not an IE noob anymore, oracle!! It r0x0rs!

^_^ one Converted Big Grin

Get Thunderbird for your email while you're at it Big Grin. Bayersian spam filtering, I don't get any spam anymore Big Grin

Anyway, I don't have a problem with the challenge forum... I'll have a detailed check now.
It's working for me now. Never mind.
And btw, I have Firebird. It's good, but I don't like it's rendering of input fields.
Is that a reason to not use something far better???

Anyway, if you go and find the default stylesheet, you can edit it to change how the input fields are rendered Tongue
Also, a more annoying thing...IE loads things differently, so that when you are reading a page, images don't load in the middle of it all, hence pushing down the text, and readjusting the page so that you have to find your place again.
For instance, make a page with some text, then a large (in size AND in height) image, more text, another image, and repeat that a few times. Put it on a slow server (one that won't load immediately :roll: ), and load the page. Scroll down to the second last bit of text. See? The image is loaded later, and pushes down the text. More annoying than it sounds. :wink:
But I agree that Mozilla is far superior quality-wise.
That happens in all browsers, when a width and height attribute for an image is not specified. That's really what width and height are for - so the browser knows how much space to reserve so text doesn't jump around.

Try looking for the mozilla stylesheet and changing it Smile
Where IS the stylesheet? There's a bunch in the Mozilla folder's subfolders.
EDIT: Btw, go to http://ultimateqb.com/links.html in Mozilla, and then IE. The latter doesn't push the page around so much (it does a bit, but not as nuch as Mzl).
I don't know where it is in windows... it's probably under the chrome directory. Try asking google, cos I haven't a clue Wink