Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The first boss of “Frantic Journey” is *now* developing!!
Dearest, *DEAREST* all of the QB45/QB71 community,

Hello and a truly splendid new week to you all!! Big Grin !

As I am in continuing to go deeper into the development of “Frantic Journey” (FJ), just wait until you see the ALL-NEW game graphics for the very first boss entitled Monarchoid Bee! Take a flat good look right here:

[Image: 0105FJ%20Preview%20Boss%201.jpg]

........and it is _only_ in development, and, if all goes well going into the new Experience Version of FJ, you might get a chance to take this boss out! Wink !

See you then and do enjoy it!!!

MOST SPLENDIDLY YOURS,

Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow”
Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger”

url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][Image: file.php?id=194][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !
Wow! That's a cool looking beast... 8)
What kinda lib are you going to use so that QB can display that thing?
To Dr_Davenstein:

The libs that I’m a plan to use for the displaying of that thing are gonna be RelLib and CosmoX, as always. Big Grin !

And, I thank you for that fine comment, man! Excellent!! Wink

- Adigun Azikiwe Polack

Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !
That is awesome, Adigun! A real class piece of gaming art! But what resolution will FJ be in? It must be nearly 1024x768 to fir that beast into the screen!?
Same as usual. Good 'ol screen 13. AAP is just a darn cool artist!!! Great Job AAP.

Yeah. That beast is made with pp256. :*)
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
To both Richard Eric M. Lope and Dark_prevail:

Thanks a *grand* bunch, my men!!! Big Grin !!

And another thing now, the screen resolution for “Frantic Journey” (FJ) that I am currently using — and am STILL gonna be so on that ( Cool ! ) — is ye good ‘olde Mode 13h, 320x200 resolution with 256 displayable colors out of a palette of apparently 262,144 colors (if my memory serves me correctly here). Since the vertical scrolling playfield length is more than the actual vertical size of Mode 13h, it could well be rather possible for me to fit it onto the game screen, eventually! Smile !

Quote:Yeah. That beast is made with pp256. :*)

Well man, you are partially correct. Actually, the huge beast itself was designed using both PP256 and Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7 (PSP7). As well, during development of the thing, I so far had to:
  • 1 • transfer my first boss sprite objects from PP256 and piece them together properly for further developing in PSP7, with which I then had to use layers and other better designing stuff;

2 • blank to bare black the first 16 colors of the FJ palette and save it as a *separate* .BMP file, leaving the original palette completely intact and unchanged (which is a good thing, by the way! ^_^ ); and

3 • re-convert the entire thing back to a 256color-based picture file format, without losing the original quality (I use the classic MS Paint for Windows on that, which solidly converts the many colors to its near-perfect state, *provided* that most to all of the colors closely match the original colors on which the thing has on it. Not easy, but real useful in a number of areas! Big Grin ! )

And finally, I got some final touch-ups and stuff to do on it before the conversion to the actual gameplay portions of FJ _truly_ begins!! Be patient, and be amazed! Wink

See you once again, and I thank you both once more!! :king: !

WISHING YOU A MOST SPLENDIDLY AWESOME DAY AND NIGHT,

Adigun Azikiwe Polack

I was gonna say...that thing looks a lil big to be PP256 Wink considering it can only handle 100x100 sprites...unless they were fragmented, of course...in which case it'd be a pain in the ass to make...PSP is a much better choice for making graphics anyways. Big Grin

Adigun: if you get a chance, try using Photoshop, version 5 or higher. It has a much better color reduction method than both MS Paint (this uses a Nearest Color Reduction method via a Windows API call to find the nearest color) and PSP (although PSP's Optimized Octree reduction method is pretty good most of the time). In addition, it has some filters and mathematics functions that you might find useful.

And yes...64 * 64 * 64 = 262144.
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
i just hope you've made better music now or plan on making better music. otherwise, that boss is an elegant gem.
To Adosorken:

Quote:Adigun: if you get a chance, try using Photoshop, version 5 or higher. It has a much better color reduction method than both MS Paint (this uses a Nearest Color Reduction method via a Windows API call to find the nearest color) and PSP (although PSP's Optimized Octree reduction method is pretty good most of the time). In addition, it has some filters and mathematics functions that you might find useful.

Well man, seeing that the full version of Photoshop itself is a very expensive buy (the last I have seen from some previous years back even up to this day, at least one of the versions once costed around a whopping $600! :o ! It’s like you need a *rather* deep pocketbook if you want to get your hands on one, you know what I mean?), I am sticking with both PSP7 and MS Paint since I simply cannot afford Photoshop, unfortunately. Sad But, your idea on the color reduction business in there is very interestingly good and one for QuickBASIC developers to look into for creating games and stuff, so well done on that!! Big Grin

And to you, Speedlemon:

Yes, I have *already* prepared even better music now during development, and, if I had already had a website for “Frantic Journey” (FJ) running over the Internet even now, I’d’ve been RATHER happy to have showed you at least some previews of my very newest music. ;*) ! I am currently in preparations for a music piece for the boss of the Volcanic Mountain Stages, and believe me, by the time the Experience Version of FJ is finally raised (and you might want to be very patient on that, too, as I am in THOROUGH careful development here! Smile ! ), then, you will hopefully be getting a full-tilt taste of a lot of my brand-new music, especially in the Test Mode (for when it gets updated for that new version).

I promise you, it will be worth the wait. :king: !

Thank you both so truly much and you have a spectactularly good Monday evening/Tuesday morning. Wink

PROMISING YOU SOMETHING *REAL* SPECIAL NOW,

Adigun Azikiwe Polack

I can't believe that you painted that with PP256! :o You should start a challenge for PP256 and blow everybody away...Whaddya' mean that wouldn't be any fun?

PHLOOM!!!

That's always fun! :lol: