Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unreliable floppys
I don't know about you guys, but I'm so sick of my floppy disk being so unreliable that I tossed one on the stove and turned on the heat. I even got new ones, and they are crap.

"Let's kill ourselves after 2 file transfers," they say.
"You shall be sentence to death," I say.
"We don't care," they say. "You may take our lives, but you will never take our freedom!"
"Every floppy dies," I say, "but not every floppy lives. So why do you not live? Do you have a death wish?"
In a instant, the floppies suprise me when a bazooka and fire. In an act of self defense, I throw a grenade. Realizing that I forgot to pull the pin, I throw another grenade. That time I pulled the pin, but by the time my second grenade was in the air, my first one was coming right back at my. I grab my baseball bat and swing, deflecting the grenade coming my way. I flies off and explodes into a bright flash of light.
What the hell am I doing? This story deserves no ending. Let's just say I crushed them with my foot, or something.
get a memory stick. They kick ass. It's like $25 for 128 mb.
url=http://www.copy-pasta.com]CopyPasta[/url] - FilePasta
Floppies drives are becoming cheaper and cheaper, to the point that the new computers dont even come with one anymore (retarded). There's nothing better than a drive from the 90s, that lasted forever and ever. Like Zap says, get a memory stick, or if you have a small hd floating around, you can get an hd enclosure for around 30 or 40 bucks. They kick ass. Wink
igitalblackie.com - Done! Smile Ask about our hosting Wink

-Goddess of the of the No More Religion Threads movement Smile
Quote:I don't know about you guys, but I'm so sick of my floppy disk being so unreliable that I tossed one on the stove and turned on the heat. I even got new ones, and they are crap.

Have you tried the new disks in a different drive? Could be that your floppy drive is crap. Tongue

Quote:There's nothing better than a drive from the 90s, that lasted forever and ever.

I've got a floppy drive from 1991 that still works perfectly, even after 12+ years of heavy use. Smile
Yep. All my discs work perfectly, after all the time Ive had them. One important note though: Dont be sloppy with them. Keep them off the floor, in a clean shelf or environment. Just a small amount of dust getting on them can corrupt them, Ive found.
I made a little case for my floppies using duct tape =P Holds 12 currently

Though once one of the metal slider thing died when I took it out so....
[Image: sig.php]
Back by popular demand!
I will byte and nibble you bit by bit until nothing remains but crumbs.
Quote:I made a little case for my floppies using duct tape =P Holds 12 currently

:lol: sound like something red green would make. duct tape... the ONLY tool you need.

i know about bad disk drives... often the drive on my new computer will tell me a disk needs formatting, yet when i put it in my p120, it'll open it up perfectly.

i myself have a case to hold floppy disks in. it holds 2, so it's very thin. it doesn't do much, but it helps save the disks from a crushing death.
Jumping Jahoolipers!
Quote:
whitetiger0990 Wrote:I made a little case for my floppies using duct tape =P Holds 12 currently

:lol: sound like something red green would make. duct tape... the ONLY tool you need.

lol thats the funniest show (next to who's line)

Duct tape is so useful
[Image: sig.php]
Back by popular demand!
I will byte and nibble you bit by bit until nothing remains but crumbs.
I find the old floppy disk drives are noisier but work better. Also clean enviroment don't go a miss. And best of all, just a good old cd rewriter or pen drive, and if you can afford a bunch zip drives!
atos-Software
http://www.datacentertalk.com - interested in how web hosting works? Here the place to go to find out.
[Image: 42-r]
Quote:I've got a floppy drive from 1991 that still works perfectly, even after 12+ years of heavy use. Smile

Not only drives, but diskettes. in fact when I need a trustable diskette I use the first ones I bought in 1993, they still work. Modern diskettes are so cheap that they just last two writes.

When I bought the diskettes in 1993 they were over $20 a box with 10 diskettes, now you can buy 10 for $2. I guess that the price difference has something to do with the quality Tongue
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i