Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FB_Fusion WebSite v.9b
The normal site was in php, but since Xteraco hasn't got around to putting php on his server, I went back and made a different/new site using html, CSS, and javascript....

You can find news, demo's, and info about us here.... lil bare atm, but it should start to fill up over time....

Tested and works on IE and FF.... =)

http://www.xteraco.com/FBFusion/

It uses a style I've seen done on a few Flash sites, this is a JS version of it.. Everything is in windows, and the windows can be freely repositioned.. (Double click to Grab, Click to let go) .. Just a fun thing, prolly won't get used much, but I don't care, it was really fun to program.. =)

Enjoy!
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
Fun little feature Smile
Although the site lacks a little content, I'm lovin the design so far. 8)
Itch-Five Design - Your source for free, well designed, web design.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote:I use QB religiously. Too bad I'm an athiest.
It's great that it works in IE and FF... but

http://moop.moonoo.com/~josh/images/fb_fusionbork.gif

Lynx is having some real problems.
Popups make baby Firefox cry.
So does...er... 'pointless' javascript? It this really needed?
First I thought "ugh.. frames." then I realized they were... yeah.. worse.
I've said before... I don't like navigating things that bots can't navifate.

Why not go all out and make the links.. not links. And just boxes with text that you click on? (Don't do this.)

So... Xteraco doesn't have php? Well. Shoot him. Do it until he also installs MySQL.
[Image: sig.php]
Back by popular demand!
I will byte and nibble you bit by bit until nothing remains but crumbs.
Qool.
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
Quote:Lynx is having some real problems.
That looks like a ASCII browser.... Ofcourse that wont work... =P

Quote:Popups make baby Firefox cry.
baby firefox??

Quote:So does...er... 'pointless' javascript? It this really needed?
For this style, yeah.... Unless I go out and get Flash software, and learn how to use that.... Or take the window effects out...

Quote:First I thought "ugh.. frames." then I realized they were... yeah.. worse.
?

Quote:I've said before... I don't like navigating things that bots can't navifate.
. . . . get a smarter bot. . . .

Quote:Why not go all out and make the links.. not links. And just boxes with text that you click on? (Don't do this.)
What you got against Javascript any how? Tongue ..
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Quote:What you got against Javascript any how? Tongue ..

Quote:19:42, 1/4/90 - The "White Tiger" Has Finally Been Captured By Java. It alledgedly attacked 5 employees at random, and has been on the run ever since.

White Tiger had very little so say. "RAWR! I shall get u nuubb!!"
ASCII browser? Of course it won't work? I ton of other pages work... gmail works... this page works... but not yoooours. =p

baby firefox, as opposed to baby jesus. popups are sometimes necessary. But seeing as I stop all popups and when I do let them through they are in the form of a nifty new tab.

I design something this way... System -> Content -> Style. Of course I'd have to design a system that can be styled. But that's easy enough to do. I have the job of redesigning my high school robotics team website. I'm in the middle of designing the underlying plan. Which is something like.. every page is a node. And either every node can have multiple parents or no parents... if neither of those seem to work... I'll just have to go to a normal tree heirarchy of nodes. Of course this wouldn't work for you at all because you don't have a lot of pages and don't need to add on pages easily.... =p Why would I want move a javascript window? Only reason I can think of is to see what is behind it. Maybe you should store the positions in cookies so that they stay there next time they visit! =|

When I first looked at them I thought they were frames. Which are bad, and shouldn't be used. Then I realized they movable windows. Which... are pointless. I guess I can't say worse than frames....

haha, get a smarter bot? If I did that Google would hire me. I'm very sure googlebot can't navigate your site. Which is bad for you I guess.

I sometimes dislike it... It really depends on how sexy the javascript ends up being. =p

edit: Ah yes, adventmaster. I love how that is dated -before- I was born. ;-)
Back by popular demand!
A couple of things i didn't like.

Being forced to allow a popup

the popup had no maximize button. so i couldn't resize it.

I wanted to resize it becasue the text in the footer (unreadable title font) needs to be horizontally scrolled.

When hovering over the links some horrible flashing, cursor changing thing occurs.

If you have these funny little windows, why not allow them to be resized, so that all the text can fit without scrolling

Please don't switch to flash, that's even worse than javascript. (You got lucky i could see the site at all, i thought I had javascript disabled except on white-listed sites.)
EVEN MEN OF STEEL RUST.
[Image: chav.gif]
Quote:ASCII browser? Of course it won't work? I ton of other pages work... gmail works... this page works... but not yoooours. =p

baby firefox, as opposed to baby jesus. popups are sometimes necessary. But seeing as I stop all popups and when I do let them through they are in the form of a nifty new tab.
Heh....

Quote:I design something this way... System -> Content -> Style. Of course I'd have to design a system that can be styled. But that's easy enough to do. I have the job of redesigning my high school robotics team website. I'm in the middle of designing the underlying plan. Which is something like.. every page is a node. And either every node can have multiple parents or no parents... if neither of those seem to work... I'll just have to go to a normal tree heirarchy of nodes. Of course this wouldn't work for you at all because you don't have a lot of pages and don't need to add on pages easily.... =p Why would I want move a javascript window? Only reason I can think of is to see what is behind it. Maybe you should store the positions in cookies so that they stay there next time they visit! =|
I disign in different modes: 1) I either come up with a clear plan, and carefully build a site.. (Like how I built the x.t.r.GRAPHICS site).. 2) I go rouge and experament w/ a pre-imagined plan, expecting something new and creative... later it will fall back to 1) and get revised, etc.... 3) A mixture of both.... (Which ever one depending on the seriousness of the site in question...)

I might make that cookie-position-store, I was thinking about it before, but this is far from the finished version, right now it just works.... XD

Quote:When I first looked at them I thought they were frames. Which are bad, and shouldn't be used. Then I realized they movable windows. Which... are pointless. I guess I can't say worse than frames....
Pointless, but creative.... I might throw in Z sorting, make a taskbar, add wallpaper, desktop icons and make it a OS(GUI)/Website so the windows can open/close/minimize.... maybe not.... XD

Quote:haha, get a smarter bot? If I did that Google would hire me. I'm very sure googlebot can't navigate your site. Which is bad for you I guess.
I really don't care if Google can figure it out atm, as long as people can use it, I'm fine w/ it.. =)

Quote:I sometimes dislike it... It really depends on how sexy the javascript ends up being. =p
What's sexy js in your opinion?

Quote:Being forced to allow a popup

the popup had no maximize button. so i couldn't resize it.

I wanted to resize it becasue the text in the footer (unreadable title font) needs to be horizontally scrolled.
=) .... If you want it out of the window:
http://www.xteraco.com/fbfusion/window.html

Quote:When hovering over the links some horrible flashing, cursor changing thing occurs.
Strange, what browser are you on?

Quote:If you have these funny little windows, why not allow them to be resized, so that all the text can fit without scrolling
Maybe, right now they are fixed size to follow the originaly loaded theme.... Maybe if I add the position save, I'll allow users to resize windows, given I can figure out a code to do that.. =)

Quote:Please don't switch to flash, that's even worse than javascript. (You got lucky i could see the site at all, i thought I had javascript disabled except on white-listed sites.)
I don't plan to anytime soon, Flash software cost like 200-400 usd, something I don't feel like paying for atm.... XD....
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Quote:(Like how I built the x.t.r.GRAPHICS site)
Bah, hit counters suck. So do backgrounds that stay in one place. And white on black. (or white on grey on black). And too many ellipsis. =p

I can't use it! You saw my picture. and in firefox I had to enable javascript and everything.

And oh, you'd know sexy js when you saw it.
Back by popular demand!