Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quickhost.tk
Quickhost.tk is a site developed by Zap where you can upload files and it will host them automatically for 7 days. This is mainly a service for those without hosting, as they can leech away and be able to show others screenshots and programs. Feel free to upload screenshots here and use the [img] tags in a forum to post a picture or get the direct link and post that to let people download.

If you find any problems/viruses/illegal material please alert either Zap, Rhican, or myself (you can reach us all here, or through qbasic.tk or by email's listed at qbasic.tk).

Also feedback on the quickhost would be appreciated.
url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
Please ask admin for permission before you post something like this, even if it is relevant.
Quote:define('SPAM_LEVEL', 'high');

Please ask admin for permission before you post something like this, even if it is relevant.

As it doesn't necessarily bring traffic to qbasic.tk, because it's hosted outside of it, I didn't think it was a problem. It's a service that we were offering for users that need something hosted. It's relevant to all of them.

Description for General: Off topic discussion, but try keep to what others here would be interested in.

I could have put it somewhere else, but it's here.

Also, soon it will be all users have to get posts approved before posting them, which takes away the purpose of a forum (i.e. something for someone to express their opinions in) and makes it something that centers around whatever admin/mods want.

I'll be sure to ask next time though :roll:
url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
If people can inquire here about the status of TBN, and people had advertised their forum here as well, I dont see the problem of sumojo telling the community about a service he is providing free of charge for everyone. Nowhere in his post did he say it was for Qbasic.tk members only, or that you had to join to get dibs on the free hosting. If you cut down people who are trying to help out others, then people will stop being generous. So leave him alone, he's just trying to help others out. :normal:
igitalblackie.com - Done! Smile Ask about our hosting Wink

-Goddess of the of the No More Religion Threads movement Smile
Thank you 8)
Quote:Also, soon it will be all users have to get posts approved before posting them, which takes away the purpose of a forum (i.e. something for someone to express their opinions in) and makes it something that centers around whatever admin/mods want.

That's crap, and you know it. I said it was spam because what do I see in the title bar when I visit? The QBasic.tk Quickhost. What you think is spam and what you don't think is spam is irrelevant, but in my view the post was questionable, so I asked you to remember to ask next time, that's all. Note I did not delete the thread, it wasn't that bad, I'm just reminding you that no matter what your opinions are, you're still bound by forum rules, OK?

Quote:If you cut down people who are trying to help out others, then people will stop being generous. So leave him alone, he's just trying to help others out.

Ditto for you. It was just a reminder, OK?
I dont see what the problem is if a qb related site decides to share their resources freely with others. So no, i dont think it's ok. I think it's unfair.

You see the qbasic.tk quickhost because it's owned by us. As I said before, it's outside of qbasic.tk. Therefore, whether a person visits qbasic.tk or not is their choice. The link is there to let them see who made it. It's an option for them to see who created it and what we're all about.

On subOracle, do you not have a link at the bottom to a forum for subOracle? It's there because the link is relevant to your template. Qbasic.tk is relevant to quickhost.tk as we're the ones who've created it and our site is about qbasic/quickbasic (what this hosting is mainly designed for). Whether people click the link or not to visit our site is again THEIR CHOICE. It's that freedom thing popping up again.

And to finalize this post, I agree with Rhiannon. I don't agree with many things you do and how out of control the moderation sometimes seems here. QBN has lost many users thanks to it. Many of the people who were here (you may not know as you didn't come until 2003) helping out greatly, left (granted some were due to QBN seeming to side with AAP no matter what controversy). Keeping along that line, I wouldn't be suprised to see many more leave.

Again, I meant to send you a pm before I posted this (as qbasic.tk is said a few times in the post and maybe I link to it in my signature), but I must have forgotten. Hopefully it isn't against the rules. :roll:

:barf:

Also, thanks for bringing a negative feeling to this thread... I really wanted the opposite for quickhost.
The stupid spam formula was out of line. If people can advertise sites they have hosted at qbnz, what's the problem with Qbasic.tk?

Quote:The stupid spam formula was out of line. If people can advertise sites they have hosted at qbnz, what's the problem with Qbasic.tk?

1. Because I am an easy target as I get into this discussion all the time

2. I am probably not a preferred poster here

3. QBTK <> QBNZ

#3 probably being the most important.